Projeto - 2020/2021
Coordenação de Projetos
Nuno Miguel Castelinho Garção
Maria Amália Afonso Gonçalves
Sandra Vicente Nunes
António José Condessa Martins
Paula Cristina da Rocha MaiaEstimativa de Custos
Durante o Ano LetivoArticulação
Coordenação de Projetos
Matemática e Ciências Experimentais > Informática
Línguas > Línguas Estrangeiras - Germânicas
Matemática e Ciências Experimentais > MatemáticaP.Educativo A - Resultados e Serviço Educativo
- 01A - Melhorar o sucesso escolar
- 04A - Promover atividades de complemento curricularB - Liderança e Gestão
- 01B - Promover a satisfação dos alunos
- 04B - Promover a articulação vertical e horizontal dos currículos
- 05B - Promover a satisfação dos colaboradores
- 06B - Valorizar o sentimento de pertença do AgrupamentoC - Sustentabilidade e Comunidade
- 01C - Valorizar o Agrupamento e a nossa Comunidade através de projetos e parcerias
- 02C - Potenciar as parcerias dos projetos ERASMUS
- 04C - Promover Hábitos de Cidadania Ativa, Educação para Saúde e AmbienteLocal de Realização
Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania, Croatia, Portugal, Greece and ItalyDia e Hora
Comunidade EnvolventeCiclo de Ensino
EB Dr. Garcia Domingues (GD)
EB Nº1 de Silves
EB Nº2 de Silves
EB São Bartolomeu de Messines
JI de Silves nº1
JI de Silves nº2
AgrupamentoÁreas de Competência do Perfil dos Alunos
Desenvolvimento Pessoal e Autonomia
Linguagens e Textos
Saber Científico Técnico e Tecnológico
The project’s target groups are two – comprising the both sides of the educational process – teachers
and children. At the teacher’s level, teachers will get digital training and exchange of good practices,
methodologies and approaches, concerning the topic of budgeting, finances and elementary economics
for children, numerical competences and ability to operate with numbers and money. We find that is
necessary, as the topic of budgeting and elementary economics is not currently taught as a part of the
kindergarten and the primary school level curricula. We assume that teachers are aware of the digital
resources but we suggest a way to train teachers to use devices and applications so that they are able
to create their own digital pedagogical resources which to use later in other subjects and when needed
in their further pedagogical practice. The other target group is children aged 3-10 who will be subjected
to that educational practice and will be the major agent in the project process.
The main project idea is to teach children basic commercial and financial knowledge and notions by
introducing the topic of historical foundation and development of the country, its economic development
and livelihood and all factors for it in a suitable way - through tales. In this process, children will also
learn basic terms in English as the topics will be introduced in the English classes at kindergarten and
primary school level (1-2 classes).
By the realization of the project work the kids will foster the following knowledge and skills and
- Learning English as Foreign language
- Cultural and historical knowledge for the development of Europe;
- Knowledge on basic economic skills suitable for young children and adapted to the specifics of their
- Skills and competences to operate with numbers and recognition of currency value and signs.
- Notions as multiculturalism and tolerance;
- Digital skills
Teachers will elaborate three major products, and guidebooks on “How to create, design and apply….” .
These products are : an electronic book, an interactive game book and a set of zoomed games.
Electronic flash book – collection of lessons and lessons materials, tales, in English to be used and
taught in the kindergarten and primary school, on the current project topic on financial development of
commerce and the invention of money. The lessons will be developed on PowerPoint or other similar
free platform which offer the options for animation, flash effects and other interactive tools, suitable to
apply at that level
The teachers in the kindergarten or the primary school will be trained to work with these digital
platforms so that to be able to use their knowledge and digital skills in their teaching practice in order to
make the lessons more interesting and engaging children’s attention.
What we mean by an interactive game book is one made of textile, or other soft materials, suitable to
use at the kindergarten. It can have various pages and each page to be equipped with pockets and
additional materials which kids can touch and explore. We suggest this tool due to the fact that children
at that age have stronger visual thinking. The book will be for playing with and its main purpose is to be
used as a methodological tool for foreign language learning with CLIL elements in finances. It will not be
Teachers will get to know new approaches in making self-made teaching materials and applying them in
the project’s topic. This boosts their creativity and handicraft.
The Zoomed game - will in fact represent boardgames which can be projected on he floor or walls and
kids to play using the projected area as playground. That type of games develops children’s kinesthetic
and spatial thinking and physical skills, applying the method of learning by doing and touching. This
game will not have a competitive character, either as our main aim is to include all children from the
groups regardless their physical or mental strengths. This type of application will help teachers to use
digital resources as a means of gamification in the learning- teaching process.
These activities will help teachers in their professional qualification and experience, as elaboration and
development of the project products requires additional work – research, scientific and methodological,
which is not directly related to the their university degree and subject of science.
Teachers will invest a lot of time and efforts in the elaboration of that type of resources. By doing this,
they will also foster knowledge and skills on using digital resources and software applications in their
proper teaching practice for creating content and organization of the lessons so that the latter are
interesting and attractive for children and young learners.
ERASMUS + 2018-1-BG01-KA201-047836
financial literacy in the early years
This project will have a positive influence on the direct and indirect beneficiaries
- They will increase professional skills and will have the opportunity to exchange best practices and ideas with colleagues from other European countries;
- They will learn about educational systems, programs and practices in partner countries;
- They will learn about other cultures and lifestyles of their colleagues in Europe;
- They may improve their language skills, especially in English, and have the opportunity to learn various expressions in other European languages.
- They will get the opportunity to work with other teachers in Europe, which will contribute to the development of their intercultural skills and ability to overcome certain stereotypes and prejudices.
- They will benefit from the efficient exchange of innovative teaching methods and develop their digital skills with the help of modern technologies.
- They will learn how to use and create digital resources.
Kindergarten or school:
- Schools and kindergartens participating in the project will develop relations between the management, in order to implement the project activities and exchange of experience for making management
- The introduction of new pedagogical strategies and the use of new teaching materials acquired during the project will lead to changes in the curriculum, the introduction of choice (curriculum), which will
be based on the ideas implemented in this project.
- They will show attention and interest in internationalization of ethnic, cultural and linguistic knowledge.
- Through the interaction of educational materials and innovative technological methods, children will experience different learning situations.
- They will be able to experience game-based educational services –learning through playing games.
- They will be more open and more interested in the culture of other nations, recognizing diversity as a value and not as an obstacle to a united Europe
- They will be aware of their identity as part of European citizenship from an early age.
- They will be more motivated to learn and will gladly participate in activities in the kindergarten.
- They will develop team work skills, communication and networking skills;
- There will be an increased interest in children from disadvantaged families.
- They will learn more about financial issues, currencies, and history of the financial and trade practices.
-They will learn new vocabulary in English and practice speaking and listening skills in foreign language.
- By involving parents in the activities of the project they will increase their confidence in educational institutions and participation in the life of the school or kindergarten.
- They will participate in practical and research activities.
-we will invite parents to participate in their children's project related activities by involving them in various curricular and extracurricular school activities planned in the project, based on the
implementation of cross-curricular programs. Once parents take part in activities related to bringing up social awareness and elementary financial competences we believe they will help and continue the
line through their own experience and will be a live model to their children to follow. This will also work for the project sustainability as once linguistic, communicative and financial competences are
acquired it becomes a way of life.
- will periodically be given feedback about the achievements of their children as a result of the approach of the project based activities which will enable them to praise their children and make children
feel successful and their work output respected
- The local community will be informed of the activities and will benefit from the results,
- They will gain knowledge of other European cultures, which will expand the horizons of the EU
- They will be aware of the ethnic, cultural and traditional characteristics of a number of European countries and this will promote tolerance and respect for what is different.
- They will increase pride, confidence and trust among the members of local communities.
The impact on each institution:
All institutions will greatly benefit from the project activities and will acquire knowledge and experience on how to use the new methodology, the trained teachers will be able to implement the experience
they gathered at the training sessions into their own practice and will be able to share this experience with colleagues at their home institutions.
- The coordinator will acquire better managerial and institutional experience; benefitting from the partners’ previous experience
- The partners who have no previous experience in project work will be more confident at their further partnerships
The most important and expected impact of the project will be in the following directions:
1. Very good cooperation between both organizations from the sixth countries and at different levels among each country - schools, parents, local authorities, regional structures of education / universities,
inspectorates, branch chambers / national organizations of teachers and school associations, European platforms for the exchange of good practices / E-twining /.
2. Development of innovative methods and practices for teaching children in an informal way in the school, community and region. Our methods will allow free transfer of information, knowledge and best
practices from one country to another, regardless the differences of the educational systems.
3. Sharing and exchange of good practices in the partnership between the 7 kindergartens/ primary schools as well as educational approaches and methods of work with parents and local stakeholders
The greatest impact which we foresee is the competences which children will acquire on several social issues, through teaching them English as a foreign language and applying CLIL method they will also
learn about entrepreneurship and inclusion and thus forming reliable and competent young European citizens who will find it easier to adapt in any country of residence in the EU as those children will
have the scholar knowledge on Global social topics and life-related competences.
During the project work the indirect participants will be the whole teaching staff and the children in each of the partner organisations - kindergarten or primary school. We expect this number to be about
1050 teachers and children (about 150 children and teachers from each kindergarten or primary school).
- Parents and relatives of all participants from the 7 partner organisations and their peers, friends from other organisations - about 2800 of them ( approximately about 400 relatives and friends for each
- The different creative products ( the electronic book with tales, interactive game book with the board game, the electronic game) will be used by about 5000 children out of the partner organisations.
The chronology of activities was changed, taking into account the constraints of the pandemic covid-19.
The new chronology is being analyzed.
Below is indicated what was foreseen in the application:
Organisational - in September 2018, January 2019, May 2019, September 2019, January 2020, April
Live events - Working online meetings- January 2019 /one demo, February 2019 / two
demo/ , March 2019 /two demo/,April 2019 / two demo/
LTT - Teacher/training meetings
During the project we foresee organisation of three teacher/training meetings each of which will last
for 3 days ( + 2 days for travel) On the meetings teachers will get specific training in the area of
- First meeting in January 2019 in Portugal: teachers will get training in Using Web2.0 and Web3.0
tools for educational purposes at preschool and primary school level making their sessions
interactive and more interesting to children.
- Second teacher training meeting in January 2020 in Greece: teachers will get training in 2.”Creating
and Applying interactive game-books in the English educational sessions in the kindergarten applying
the method of gamification”.
- Third Learning Teaching training meeting in October 2020 in Italy: the topic will be “Creation,
methodology and application of projected electronic games (zoomed games) in the process of
English language teaching to young learners” - teachers will learn how to make and use zoomed
electronic games in which children will be active and major agents like the real life pawns in a game
We plan four transnational meetings at which teams from all participating organizations will take part.
- The First transnational meeting: The meeting will take place in October 2018 in Bulgaria (two-day
transnational meeting and two days for travel). Two representatives per institution will participate - (
the project manager and the contact person) . The meeting aims at arranging the working scheme,
duties, organizational issues, voting for the logo, agreement on the project channels of
communication. And introduction and registration into eTwinning platform for the partners who are
not familiar with it.
- The second transnational meeting will be in June 2019 in Croatia (two days for work and two days
for travel). At that meeting the partners representatives - two per country ( project manager and
contact person) will discuss the project implementation, progress and the products made so far. A
detailed look on the electronic flash book will be made and feedback will be provided. The Portuguese
team will present the manual guidebook for the electronic flash book game How to construct, design,
apply and use the electronic flash book. Midterm narrative reports and materials will be required so
that the coordinator gets informed in detail about the project implementation
- The third transnational meeting will be held in June 2020 in Lithuania, where the interactive gamebook
will be discussed and any drawbacks will be corrected, feedback on the usability will be
provided and feedback about children's reactions after playing the game, children's satisfaction. The
Greek team will present the methodological guide book How to construct, design, apply and play the
board games and use the interactive game-book .
- The fourth transnational meeting will be in January 2021 in Romania, organizational issues will be
discussed on the finalization of the project. Presentation on the How to construct, design, apply and
play the zoomed game will be made by Bulgaria. Final reports will be required by all teams so that the
coordinator gets informed in detail about the overall implementation of the project. This meeting is
the final for the project and all the final details will have to be arranged, as well as negotiations for
further partnerships and common work on other project ideas to ensure sustainability of the current
Private kindergarten Leonardo da Vinci Ltd, Bulgaria (coordinator)
GRADINITA CU PROGRAM PRELUNGIT PERLUTELE MARII, Romania
Kelmes lopselis-darzelis "Azuoliukas", Lithuania
Knjiznica i citaonica Grada Preloga, Croatia
Agrupamento de Escolas de Silves, Portugal
DIADRASTIKO EUROPAIKO SXOLEIO, Greece
IL GIROTONDO coop sociale srl, Italy
With the project we aim to achieve better results applying new technologies in the era of digital pedagogical practice, to enable teachers to get training and share good
practices and methods of creating educational materials, digital resources, to apply these methods, approaches, tools and materials in order to teach foreign
languages applying the CLIL method. By doing this more teachers will be trained and children better educated in the field of language study and communication,
cultural and financial competences and acquiring basic knowledge and competences both to teachers and children at the preschool level. As parents will be closely
monitoring the whole project process, they will be aware and supportive to our work. In that way by working on that project we will also build stronger partnership and
collaboration with parents for the sake of their children, their well being, and educational needs and achievements. The project is focused on teaching and training
teachers on how to use and produce their own pedagogical Open educational resources which to use not only in that project but also to be able to apply them further in
their pedagogical practice in a larger and various range of topics. These skills are basic for their own professional development and growth. Using ready-made OER
can be useful and successful but this also sets limits in their use due to the limited scopes they usually come with. To avoid this we aim to teach and train teachers but
to make and adapt them according to the class abilities. These skills are important in their work as the ready made products come with their own aims and it is hard at
times to adapt them to the particular group of children as teachers may have set more and various educational aims different from the ones which the OER can satisfy.
With respect to this, we offer the teachers the opportunity to get trained taught to create their own materials suitable to apply at the preschool and primary school level
in the field of teaching English to young learners, applying CLIL method, applying gamification in their pedagogical work and the Gardener’s Theory for Multiple
intelligences. We expect the project work to have direct impact on the teachers and it is the major result which we expect, and what’s more it will indirectly have
impact on the children who will be taught with these methods. Children will get the real communicative practice in English, they will adopt necessary linguistic skills
what listening and speaking are and by doing it, they will also learn some historical facts of their own countries, the countries of the partnership, the principles of
commercial development and the appearance of monetary systems. They will also adopt numerical and basic mathematics skills of doing simple arithmetics and
working with numbers. In the long term an expected result will be that children will acquire social skills necessary for their well being and lifestyle and general
During the project we foresee organisation of three teacher/training meetings each of which will last for 3 days ( + 2 days for travel) On the meetings teachers will get
specific training in the area of making OERs. On the first meeting in January 2019 in Portugal teachers will get training in Using Web2.0 and Web3.0 tools for
educational purposes at preschool and primary school level making their sessions interactive and more interesting to children. The second teacher training meeting
will be in January 2020 in Greece and then teachers will get training in 2.”Creating and Applying interactive game-books in the English educational sessions in the
kindergarten applying the method of gamification”. On the third Learning Teaching training meeting in October 2020 in Italy the topic will be “Creation, methodology
and application of projected electronic games (zoomed games) in the process of English language teaching to young learners” - teachers will learn how to make and
use zoomed electronic games in which children will be active and major agents like the real life pawns in a game of chess. The layout of the such games are to be
projected in the indoors environment on the playground field and children will then will take roles and play on that field as real pawns. We look at the skills which
teachers and children will adopt as the most important results and they will be measured by surveys of satisfaction which the participants will complete in the end of
each particular course and the end of the project period. The results from the surveys during the project will help the partnership as they will be looked at as important
feedback. Not only teachers will express their satisfaction by the project work and completion but also children and their parents. Children will apply emoticons to
each particular educational stage on specially designed project assessment boards. That way they will also learn social skills such as expressing opinion and feelings.
The project is planned to be a two-year one and it will be in two stages - pre-project work and during project work. During the initial phase, teachers will carry out
research on historical issues such as desktop research on the foundation of each partner country and its economic development regarding the geographical region,
commercial growth and development of the monetary systems - currencies. We plan to elaborate three main project products and each of them will be accompanied by
a methodological guidebook on how to use it. These three major products will be: an electronic book with tales ( the collection will include seven tales in English which
will tell kids about the historical and economical development of the partner countries. These simplified stories will introduce basic financial terms in English, but
these terms will also be explain and introduced to children in their native languages), interactive game-book which will comprise a board game, too. The book will help
children to develop their visual and image based perception of the information ( gamification); and an electronic game in a zoomed size in which children will be the
main agent. In that initial part all partners will have fair contribution as all partners will write their tales based on the research they will have made. All partners will
have the responsibility to disseminate the project activities and work, as well as the final products. All partners will take active part in the organisational stage and
distribution of tasks. We have already discussed the product distribution in the pre-project preparatory stage as soon as the partnership was established. We used the
survey method and asked the partners how they foresee their participation in the project. According to the strongest skills and previous experience we distributed the
particular tasks. The project communication is also a common responsibility of all partners and they all will take active part in it on a regular basis. We plan regular
online meeting in which all parties will attend in order to ensure good project management and successful product elaboration. Thus, active communication will be
priority and responsibility to all partners involved in the project.
Apart from this, the responsibilities of the particular final project products are distributed according to the specifics and previous experience of all the parties
involved in the process and they are as follows:
Methodology guide book CD on How to construct, design, apply and play the electronic games - Bulgaria
Methodology guide book - CD - How to construct, design and apply the electronic flash book with the educational tales - lesson plans and teacher’s notes - Portugal
Electronic Flash book - collection of educational tales / visualised educational tales and content included in the tales on a digital products / - Croatia
Methodology guidebook -CD- How to construct, design, apply and play the board games and use the interactive game-book - Greece
A set of an Interactive game-book, made of eco-materials and a board game - Lithuania
Electronic zoomed game - the games which will be elaborated and adapted to be projected on playground ( children will play as live pawns for instance in a chess
game) - Italy
The project website - Romania
The tasks distribution is based on the organisation’s description made by the organizations themselves which is prerequisite to successful implementation of the
Methodological multilingual guidebook for teachers issued in English and in all national languages. The guidebook will include the following parts:
Database - A list of links to OER (Open Educational Resources) on each topic
A video album with records of the teams’ work on the project activities
Lesson plans - The Tortoise's tales; and the 3 main project Products described further in the form
- eTwinning or Facebook groups for teachers and parents where they will share their ideas for the new topics and the realization of project products during the
meetings. There they will be able to share pictures from the current work at the organizations during the project meetings and the work being done in the
organizations between the meetings.
*EXTENSION WITH FOUR MONTHS OF THE PROJECT OTTT - The Old Tortoise's Treasure Tales: Erasmus+ 2018-1-BG01-KA201-047836, taking into account all the constraints of the covid pandemic19
Project Start Date: 01-09-2018
Project End Date: 28-02-2021 (previous date)*
Custos com rubrica própria resultantes da candidatura.
Aprovado A segunda, 12 de outubro de 2020
Continuidade do projeto aprovada em reunião de Conselho Pedagógico de dia 16/07/2020.
Aprovado A quarta, 21 de outubro de 2020
Continuidade do projeto aprovada em reunião de Conselho Pedagógico de dia 16/07/2020.
Aprovação ratificada na reunião de Conselho Pedagógico de dia 21/10/2020.